The following outlines some of the basic beliefs that we hold as followers of Jesus Christ. Do you have to believe the same to come to our events? Certainly not, but these are the beliefs that we teach and follow.
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- Ephesians 4:1-3I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. […]