Nav Bible Study groups meet once a week all over campus
and are led by student leaders and staff. We believe the
Bible is God’s revelation to mankind about Himself and His
design for life. This belief leads us to take studying the Bible
seriously. Please come join us as we grow in our
understanding of God and His word.
This spring, freshmen will be doing a study on the book of
Colossians, focusing in on the centrality of Jesus, and
upperclassmen will be doing a study on the book of I John,
which challenges us to follow Christ’s example of obedience
and love. Bible study books will be available for purchase
from a group leader or at Nav Night.
Why do we study the Bible?
- To know God. We don’t want to simply know about God and miss the true joy of life, knowing Him personally and intimately. Jesus told us that “this is eternal life: to Know the one true God, and Jesus Christ, whom he sent.” (John 17:3)
- To apply it to our lives. James reminds us to “be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving ourselves.” (James 1:22). As we come to the Bible and seek to know God, we expect him to challenge the way we think, believe, live, and relate.
- To grow in community. Why go it alone? Nav Bible Study groups offer authentic and deep fellowship with other students. We learn from each other’s observations and experiences. We challenge each other to grow and keep each other accountable.
- To become better students of the Bible. We want to be careful to rightly handle the word of God. Many people have mis-used the Bible by ignoring context and the author’s intended meaning. Nav studies are aimed at learning skills that will help you study and apply the Bible for life.
Sign up for Bible Study:Use this form to let us know that you are interested in finding a Bible Study on campus. A Bible study leader in your area of campus will contact you.
- Psalm 1:1-3Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospe […]